Watermelon diet is the most delicious and most effective. Using this method, you can get rid not only of excess weight, but also problems with the digestive system.
Benefits of watermelon
- The fruit contains a large percentage of magnesium. Therefore, people suffering from hypertension and cardiovascular disease should include watermelon in their diet.
- Eliminates excess cholesterol and toxins
- low in calories (ideal for those who want to lose weight)
- Beneficial substances for the body: potassium, vitamins of groups A, C, B, PP
- Contains iron (helps fight anemia, anemia and blood diseases)
- well digested
- According to nephrologists, watermelon should be used for nephritis, cystitis and gallstones.
- Watermelon juice perfectly removes and cleanses the liver
- Provides diuretic, choleretic and mild laxative effect
- regulates water-salt balance
Another little-known fact: the fruit contains a high percentage of the antioxidant lycopene, which is known for its anti-cancer properties. Therefore, watermelon can be used not only to lose weight, but also to prevent cancer.
Benefits of watermelon diet
- effective and efficient (in 7 days you can lose 3 to 5 pounds). If you follow a proper diet, you will lose up to 8 kg in 2 weeks.
- short term. If you need to get in shape urgently, this option is ideal for you.
- Helps completely cleanse the body of excess fluid, salts and toxins. They normalize metabolism and regulate the skin.
№1 option. The essence of this method: you need to eat 1 kg of watermelon per 10 kg of body weight. Can be divided into 6-7 receptions. We don't eat anything else, everything is very hard. But the result will not wait long. You can only drink green tea or water. Duration is not more than 5-7 days. You don't have to continue to get tired.
Option number 2. It lasts for 10 days and according to the scheme of the first option you need to add only 1-2 slices of rye bread to the daily norm of watermelon. Weakness, discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract, fatigue may occur during the diet, but this is normal in all mono-diet. Usually, these symptoms appear on the 2nd day.
How to get out of the diet?
Nutritionists recommend eating light foods for 10-15 days: lean meat, dairy products, vegetables, fruits, cereals, fish.
- Breakfast: porridge (buckwheat, oats, rice), low-fat cottage cheese or cheese (you can use eggs), tea
- lunch: lean meat / fish; vegetable and herb salad; Tea coffee
- Dinner: watermelon (1 kg per 30 kg body weight).
- kidney stones
- diseases of the pancreas
- diabetes mellitus
- Problems with the genitourinary system (consumption of large amounts of watermelon can stress these organs)
Please note: you can't buy watermelons as soon as they are off the shelf (it contains nitrates, which has a negative effect on health). Optimal time for consumption: late August, early September.
How to choose a ripe watermelon?
- If the fruit is of good quality, the peel should be firm
- The sound of the knock should be audible (slight vibration), never tubeless.
How to check nitrates? We take a small piece of pulp, put it in water and hold it for 10-15 minutes: if the piece is blurred and retains its shape, do not worry - you have chosen a high-quality watermelon. Otherwise, the nitrate will immediately disperse into the water. Before use, watermelon peel should be thoroughly washed to kill bacteria and chemicals. Watermelon diet is a great option to deal with excess weight in a short time without harm to health.